Purchase, payment & pricing
[All prices on awakeboards.com are displayed without any taxes or local fees]
There are two general payment options when purchasing electric surfboards from awakeboards.com.
Option 1 – Order paid in full
- Any of the payment options except Splitit (see below for more information) is chosen at checkout
- The order is paid in full at check-out
- The order is confirmed and sent digitally to Awake
- The order is shipped from Awake’s manufacturing facilities in Limhamn, Sweden either as soon as practically manageable considering supply and/or production workload, or in accordance with the client’s specific request
- Any additional costs such as local fees and import tax are not included in the payment and must be settled with the respective local authorities when/before delivered/released from the specific country’s customs/declaration agency
Option 2 – Monthly credit card installments with Splitit (12 months) [click here for more information]
- The payment option Splitit is chosen at checkout (no credit check needed)
- The order is confirmed and sent digitally to Awake
- The order is shipped from Awake’s manufacturing facilities in Limhamn, Sweden either as soon as practically manageable in terms of supply and/or production workload, or in accordance with the client’s specific request.
- Any additional costs such as local fees and import tax are not included in the payment and must be settled with the respective local authorities when/before delivered/released from customs
Payment & Pricing
Accepted payment methods are Visa, MasterCard, Amex, and Splitit. Unless Splitit card-based installments is the chosen payment alternative, the full amount is charged when the order is placed on the website. The currency depends on where the product(s) are being delivered/purchased to/from.
USA & Canada
Orders to the USA and Canada will be processed by our US subsidiary, Ride Awake USA Inc. All applicable taxes and will be collected. Orders will be shipped directly from the facilities in Limhamn, Sweden, and will be subject to import tax which will be settled by the client upon delivery.
- Incoterms 2010: FCA
- Currency for payments: $ USD
Orders within Europe will be handled by our Swedish company, Ride Awake AB. Orders are primarily shipped using road freight. Delivery takes approximately five to seven working days for Awake's electric surfboards and less for other products.
- Incoterms 2010: FCA
- Currency for payments: € EURO
Rest of the world
Orders to countries not mentioned above will be shipped DAP (Delivered At Place) accordingly to Incoterms 2010. We do not collect VAT, duties, and/or taxes on orders and we cannot predict what your particular charges may be. If you do get such additional charges they must be paid in order for your package to clear customs. Please contact your local customs office for more information. For these collections, it takes around fifteen working days for delivery. Other fees may be added depending on the country.
- Incoterms 2010: DAP/EXW (on client’s request)
- Currency: Depends on where the order is delivered/purchased to/from
Shipping & delivery
Shipping of Awake's electric surfboards
Awake will keep the customer updated on the preliminary date of shipping and send a notification when the electric surfboard is ready to be shipped.
Shipping zones – electric surfboards
Depending on your delivery address the cost of your shipping has a fixed price.
Zone 1. North America (US, CAN, MEX): $900
Zone 2. Europe (EU/EEA/EEC): €500
Zone 3: Rest of the World: $1600
No delivery to post office boxes due to restrictions by courier services and credit card scam risks. Sending orders to multiple addresses requires placing an order for each address. No combination is possible and there will be charges for every order. Extra duties and charges: Please see the ‘Payment & Prices’ section.
Purchasing through Splitit has the same terms and conditions as any other purchase at awakeboards.com. The maximum installment time is 12 months. For more information please visit Splitit: https://www.splitit.com/shopper/
No refunding of shipping costs for a failed collection of the product(s).
Track your order
Please email Awake customer service for tracking information: email@example.com
Although Awake will make efforts to begin delivering your electric surfboard or other product(s) as soon as reasonably practicable, you understand and agree that there may be delays. An estimated time of delivery (ETD) is only an estimate and subject to change. Awake does not guarantee that it will be able to ship the electric surfboard or other product(s) by the estimated date. As a result, in the event that a delay arises and the estimated shipment and/or release of the electric surfboard is not met, Awake is not responsible for any damages that may occur due to the delay, nor shall it be obligated, to provide any discounts, refunds or credits due to any such delays. Awake will provide you periodical updates with information regarding the delivery schedule.
Oversubscription of electric surfboards
Awake may decline Payment to avoid oversubscription of Awake's electric surfboards. If your payment is declined, you will be notified and your funds will be refunded, in the same currency as paid. The Customer acknowledges that he or she is at least 18 years old and eligible to enter into a legal contract with Awake.
You as a buyer have the right to cancel the order of an electric surfboard or other product(s) and be refunded in the same currency as paid by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 (fourteen) days after the date of the confirmed order.
Transfer of order
The order can be transferred to another person than the buyer if a written message from the buyer is delivered to Awake. Awake needs to accept this in writing and full information of the new buyer has to be given to Awake.
When paying for the electric surfboard, you will be required to provide certain information, such as your address and billing information. It is your responsibility that all such information is accurate, and you shall ensure that such information is kept current. Awake shall have no responsibility or liability for inaccurate information that later becomes outdated. Awake shall have no obligation to make efforts to determine the correct contact or shipping information. You can update your information at any time prior to your product being shipped by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
There is a risk for colors and displayed errors on the website. Actual colors may vary. This is due to the fact that every computer monitor has a different capability to display colors and that everyone sees these colors differently. We try to edit our photos to show the samples as life-like as possible, but please understand the actual color may vary slightly from your monitor. We cannot guarantee that the color you see accurately portrays the true color of the product.
All details such as specifications and manufacturing brand are subject to changes. Changed parts will always be an equal product as stated earlier. Lights such as the headlight, blinkers, and more are subject to change based on local regulations around the world, which means that lights shown in pictures might be different on delivered products.
Written errors can occur from the human factor, third party information, or broken integrations, codes, or automatic updates. Awake tries its best to display free of error texts, images, stock, as well as prices, for products, shipping in the site, and webshop. If your order would have an error such as the payment, product, quantities, don’t worry, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to solve and adjust the error for all parties. Awake, doesn’t warranty uncertainties caused by these errors. Moreover, Awake cannot guarantee that all content is updated since they can be altered at any time.
Disclaimer & Limitation of Liability
Our electric surfboards can be hazardous to operate and we care about your safety, so please note that;
- All riders should ride well within the limits of their abilities, never beyond them.
- Our electric surfboards are recommended for those aged 18 years and older
- We recommend that all riders take a relevant training course
- Make sure that you ride in a permitted area. Always follow your local regulations
- Always wear a certified helmet, eye protection, and protective gear, including an approved floatation device
- Never carry passengers, the electric surfboard is registered for only 1 rider
- Never engage in stunt riding
- Never ride in conjunction with alcohol or drugs. It is illegal and dangerous
- Avoid excessive speed and be particularly careful on difficult terrain
- Don’t modify your electric surfboard. All modifications and installations are at your own risk
- Never change the voltage level or tamper with the battery. Doing so can result in a short circuit, fire, and/or personal injuries
- By purchasing and/or riding our electric surfboards, you take full responsibility for any use, and/or misuse of the product and agree that Ride Awake AB and any of their national and/or international subsidiaries holds no responsibility for any consequences, legal, or other, of such use and/or misuse
- Read the user manual carefully, follow the instructions, and enjoy your Awake electric surfboard!